Croatian web page of the project Watercycle has become active on the 2nd of July 2008 on the following address: www.watercycleproject.org. Web page presents all activities of the project Watercycle and it's croatian projects partners: Sisak-moslavina county, town Koprivnica, town Velika Gorica and town Pleternica.
Administrative Department for
Management of Accession and Incentive Funds
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Ferrara, 30 June 2008 - h. 9.00
Castello Estense, Sala del Consiglio
H. 9,00 – Registration of participants;
H. 9,15 – Welcome to participants
DAVIDE NARDINI, Vice-President of the Province of Ferrara;
H. 9,30 - Introduction – Water policies of the Emilia-Romagna Region
GIUSEPPE BORTONE, Head of the Environment Unit of the Emilia-Romagna;
H. 9,45 – Objectives & activities of Watercycle and linkage with the water plan
PAOLA MAGRI – Head of the environmental protection and water resources unit, Province of Ferrara.
H. 10,00 – The Watercycle’s Results:
The hydraulic and quality mathematical model
LORENZO GALBIATI, Consultant, Province of Ferrara;
Information and facilities for sustainable management of water. The Watercycle’s objectives for the Province of Brindisi - The portal www.sportelloacqua.it
MINA PIAZZO, Consultant Province of Brindisi;
Security and fruition of the river: the web site of the river Foglia and the pilot project of fruition
ANTONIO MEZZINO, Head of the planning & environment area, Municipality of Pesaro;
The sustainable management of waters in the Sisak-Moslavina county (Croatia)
TATJANA PUSKARIC, Head of the Administrative department for Management of Accession and Incentive; Funds; ANTO RAJIC, Head of the Administrative department for Environment and Nature protection;
Experimental practices and shared procedures at local level for reusing waste waters and slush
GIULIO CAMPANA - Area Europa scrl – Technical assistance European Funds – Municipality of Cambobasso;
The reuse of waste water in Velika-Gorica (Croatia)
ZVJEZDANA LEŽAIĆ, Head of installation for purification, Water supply of Velika Gorica.
H. 11,30 – Coffee Break;
H. 11,45 - The reuse of waste waters in Pleternica (Croatia)
MILAN IVANKO – Deputy of Head of Administrative Department for economy, Municipality of Pleternica;
Optimization of the treatment system of the waste water in Koprivnica (Croatia)
VALENTINA PAPIĆ, Expert adviser for European integration for the City of Koprivnica;
H. 12, 15 – Water management at Skhoder (Albania)
LORENC LUKA, Mayor;
H. 12,30 – Presentation of the blog Watercycle
GIULIO CAMPANA, Area Europa;
H. 12,40 – Presentation of the IPA Adriatic cross-border cooperation programme 2007-2013
STEFANIA LEONI, Emilia-Romagna Region, Territorial Planning, Agreements, European and International Relations Emilia-Romagna Region.
H. 12,50 - Conclusion:
SERGIO GOLINELLI, Councillor at the Environment, Local Agenda 21, International Cooperation of the Province of Ferrara.
Working language: Italian/Croatian, with simultaneous translation.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Conference of Sustainable Management of Waters
Importance of establishment of system of drainage and purification of waste waters
4th of April 2008
HRVATSKA KOSTAJNICA - Hotel Central, Ulica Vladimira Nazora 1
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
4 April 2008 - Hrvatska Kostajnica, Croatia
International Conference on the Water purification
23 May 2008 - Pesaro, Italy
Inauguration of 'Cycling Lane'
29-30 May 2008 - Brindisi, Italy
Conference of the Regional Stake-holders on Water
25 June 2008 - Ferrara, Italy
Fourth Trans-national meeting
26 June 2008 - Ferrara, Italy
Monday, January 21, 2008
A presentation Conference dedicated to Building Regulations for Water saving, recycling and reusing in the civic sector will take place on 22nd of January 2008 at 9.30 a.m. in the Salone di Rappresentanza of the Province of Brindisi, as result of the GoW Project - Governance system of water resources and coastal marine ecosystem protection. The Province of Brindisi is Lead Partner of the GoW Project, in partnership with Comune di Brindisi, Prefettura di Zante, ARPA Puglia - Brindisi Department, University of Salento - DiSTEBa, University of Patras, CoNISMa and Torre Guaceto Protected Area, cofinanced by PIC Interreg III A Greece-Italy.
Dirigente Servizio Politiche Comunitarie
Provincia di Brindisi
Via De Leo, 3 - 72100 Brindisi
Tel. +39/0831565322 - Fax +39/0831565412
Koprivnica Transnational Meeting (16.01.2008): the Presentations
Here you will find the Presentation files (ppt format) of the Koprivnica Meeting held on January 16th:
Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Koprivnica Meeting Agenda (16.01.2008)
Campobasso Meeting Minute (26-27.06.2007)
Ferrara Kick off Minute (20.02.2007)
Ferrara Kick off Agenda (20.02.2007)
Accounting Documents for Italian partners
Annex 1 + Annex 2 - Attestazione di Spesa
Annex 3 - Relazione Tecnico-Amministrativa
Richiesta di Contributo
Monday, November 19, 2007
Third trans-national Meeting in Koprovnica (HR) on 16 of January. The Meeting will take place in Koprivnica City Hall (Zrinsk trg 1, Koprivnica) starting at 9.30 in the morning. Please see management body communications for Meeting Agenda.
Please download and read the Agenda (Pdf)
Thursday, July 26, 2007
During the last Watercycle Meeting in Campobasso (26-27th of June) the management units of the project have been finally approved; new operational lines on the planned actions have been decided.
Please download and read the Meeting Minute (Pdf)
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Area Europa scrl created this blog in order to guarantee to Watercycle project partners a work platform able to promote easy and quick communication and information exchange dedicated to project actions and updates. Area Europa will manage the Watercycle Project Blog until the end of the project, updating the blog with the documents, informations, materials created by the project partners.
The Blogger platform and Gmail
structure, update contents, news, insert documents and images to be downloaded. TheIn orde to reach those objecticves, we used Blogger, a free platform whose easy structure provides a direct access through specific Gmail account (from Google group). The Blog Editor uses this account to enter the blog structure, modify the aspect, the spaces where the Editor is placing contents are called POST and the last post placed is always the first one in evidence. If you don't have an image for your post the Editor can find out and place the right picture for you.
How can I publish a text?
The text to be published will be in English language, able to be placed in the defined spaces (see blog structure on www.watercycleproject.blogspot.com). So the text will be dedicated to information update on project evolution, partner description, news on the specific sector, materials to be downloaded, images, pictures. Then you will send an e-mail with text attachment to email@example.com, explaining in details where to place the text in the blog structure. In two working days (excluding blog maintenance problems, in that case you will be informed) your text will be published and your documents/image placed in the download area.
How can I make a Comment to a Post?
This is a very easy procedure and registration (username/password) is not needed
a) click on ‘Comments’, placed in the lower line of the post that you want to comment;
b) you will be transferred in another window called ‘Leave your Comments’;
c) write down your text, sign with your name and the name of the partner you belong to;
d) click on the orange button 'Publish your Comment’; your comment is online !
The command column
The column in the right part of the blog page is a navigation bar From there you can access all the blog sections and the information about Watercycle project and Network. In this section you can also find the download areas (Boxes).
Download Area – the Boxes
The shared documents are accessible through the two boxes calles Tools and Pictures. In the Tools box you will find all the basic documents about Watercycle (project application, budget, reports, agenda and minute of meetings, etc..). In the Pictures box you will find project meeting pictures, graphics, logos to be used in project documentation The two boxes are connected to web spaces dedicated to Watercycle. Clicking on the selected image you will see image/ preview If you want to share documents and pictures to be downloaded, please send your file to firstname.lastname@example.org; the documents will be available for sharing in two working days.
Have a nice blogging!
The Watercycle Blog Editor - email@example.com
26 June 2008 - Ferrara, Italy
25 June 2008 - Ferrara, Italy
Fourth trans-national meeting
29-30 May 2008 - Brindisi, Italy
Conference of the Regional Stake-holders on Water
23 May 2008 - Pesaro, Italy
Inauguration of 'Cycling Lane'
4 April 2008 - Hrvatska Kostajnica, Croatia
International Conference on the Water Purification
16 January 2008 - Koprivnica, Croatia
Steering Commitee and Thematic Working Groups
The WaterCycle Project focuses on the exchange of experiences, good practices and pilot actions in the field of planning and managing water resources in catching basins, coastal areas and lagoons on the shores of the Adriatic Sea, with a view to developing new synergies and technical-scientific cross-border partnerships. The actions foreseen, different in the different areas, are the following: drawing up a mathematical model to describe the water regimen; studies and projects to ensure the safety of rivers and the environmental sustainability of the water cycle; innovative solutions for purification of water and tests on the re-use of waste waters and slush; innovative solutions following urban purification; experimental use of waste water and slush; systemic actions to test the method of “continuous dialogue” between Institutions and Bodies responsible for managing and monitoring water resources; pollution monitoring and awareness-building campaigns for the pre-emption of pollution; recovering the environmental balance of water supply systems and waste water treatment; renewing existing plants. The project is targeted at public administrations; executive managers and technical experts of public territorial institutions; executives and staff members of water cleansing plants; executives and staff members of land reclamation consortia and basin management boards; research and service centres; citizens and representatives of environmental and SMEs associations.
The Project WaterCycle focuses on the exchange of experiences, good practices and pilot actions in the field of planning and managing water resources in catchment’s basins, coastal areas and lagoons on the shores of the Adriatic Sea, with a view to developing new synergies and technical and scientific cross-border partnerships. The valorisation of the surface water network as territorial resource and the identification of innovative “organizational/institutional” instruments and sustainable, effective management forms is extremely important for territorial public institutions and local communities. In line with the EU directives implemented in national and regional law, public bodies will soon be called upon to draw up its own action in water protection. Thus the need for suitable instruments to ensure the correct planning and management of surface waters, given the hydrological, hydraulic and management characteristics of the waters of this area.
Therefore, the general objective of this Project is starting a fruitful exchange of knowledge and expertise, carrying out experiments and pilot actions coordinated among the Province of Ferrara and the Provincial Authorities and other institutions of the Italian Regions Marche, Molise and Puglia, as well as the PAO partners working on planning and managing surface waters on the eastern shore of the Adriatic Sea.
The project will turn into an important moment of technical and scientific growth for all the Partners involved, whereas public institutions will benefit from the ensuing transfer of professional expertise developed independently but targeted at analogue working areas.
The WaterCycle Project foresees diversified action plans outlined according to the characteristics of the relevant areas, identified during the preparatory phase of the Project. The objectives of the action plans will be specific and, at the same time, inter-connected and complementary:
- Improve the instruments for the evaluation and management of the territory in keeping with the characteristics of the local background. These instruments should be applicable also to the management of other territories, should ensure an appropriate description of the water regimen of the territory and the evaluation of the response to the recovery actions envisaged by the Water Protection Plan, while making reference to the models of hydrodynamic management of coastal lagoons;
- Improving the environmental quality of water in the urban territory in terms of sustainability and pre-emption of pollution;
- Implementing systems for the improvement and rationalization of water resources, enabling better use and recycling;
- Starting a technical working group to foster a systemised and integrated overview of the water problem shared by all Institutions and Bodies of Apulia;
- Provide the regional authority with the necessary instruments to manage and monitor water, thus giving it a new role as mediator between central government and citizens, fostering participation and implementing policies for the correct management of water and the pre-emption of pollution;
- Achieve efficiency in the system for the management and treatment of waste water through planning, environmental protection and quality of life;
- Renovate the whole water resource management system, in particular the management system for waste water, creating fruitful partnerships between private and public sector, with particular reference to the safeguard and protection of the environment;
- Widening the structure for the management of waste water in rural areas surrounding cities, improving the quality of life;
- Creating a system for the management of waste water at urban level, which can deal with local intricate environmental situations (the Lake of Shkoder) and meet the needs of urban areas.
Thematic work-group 1: organisation and management models
1. Software for the implementation of the hydraulic and quality mathematical model;
2. A chapter on the analysis of different possible scenarios through the model mentioned at item 1, in the Draft Discussion Paper of the Provincial Plan for the Protection of Waterways, which will be circulated among citizens, institutions and environmental associations during the participation phase envisaged for the approval of the Plan;
3. A chapter on the analysis of possible scenarios through the model mentioned at item 1 in the final draft of the Provincial Plan for the Protection of Waterways;
4. A dedicated section in the Provincial Plan for the Protection of Waterways and on the Web site of the Province of Ferrara;
5. Dissemination of the results of the use of the model mentioned at item 1 during the participation phase envisaged for the approval of the Plan.
These instruments will provide the opportunity to identify and choose the most efficient actions among those proposed in the Provincial Plan for the Protection of Waterways, taking into account the specific features of the territory, thus enabling the implementation of the Provincial Plan for the Protection of Waterways, essential for the correct planning of water resources.
Subjects involved: It has been created a collaboration with the Joint research centre of ISPRA (VA), to have a scientific and methodological support for the implementation of the mathematical model and for the use of update statistic data on the condition of waters; collaboration with ARPA which is the Environmental regional agency of Emilia Romagna and with Consorzio di Bonifica.
- Agreement of cooperation between project partners and public Institutions;
- Feasibility studies and best practices;
- Web portal;
- Periodical monitoring Reports;
- Minutes of meetings.
Creation of a web portal (water-net community) useful to satisfy the needs of information on procedures of several Public bodies such as Region Puglia, Province of Brindisi, Acquedotto Pugliese, Consorzio di Bonifica Arneo, Genio Civile of Brindisi, Guardia di Finanza, Autorità Bacino, and useful to find the better operative formalities (avoiding superimposition, dispersion and duplication of information). The computerized system will be instrumental to maintain a steady net of relationship and useful as a daily means of qualified information.
Constitution of a technical board” aimed to find new methodologies and instruments for a better organisation of the informative stream in the field of management of water resources, starting from the present condition of Puglia. It should suggest solutions according to a more efficient sequence of actions.
Other partners involved: Region Puglia, Acquedotto Pugliese, Consorzio Bonifica Arneo, Genio Civile of Brindisi, Guardia di Finanza, Autorità Bacino.
Thematic work-group 2 : safety and fruition
- Dossier River Foglia, a short documentary on the situation of the river, possible improvements and correct management. The documentary will be shown at all public events and meetings with citizens and local entrepreneurs;
– Integration of the SIT(informative territorial system);
- Drawing up projects to improve the river;
- Pilot projects;
- Drawing up information materials.
- Improvement of the environmental situation of the River Foglia, access to river areas for the citizens;
- Improvement of the environmental quality of the urban territory;
- Increased involvement of citizens in the decision-making process concerning territorial management;
- Improvement and integration of the information tools used by public administrations and citizens to evaluate interventions for the protection of the territory.
– Project drafts on thermal water utilisation;
– Water resources data and analysis publication;
– Leaflets and documentation for public awareness campaign;
– Experimental/test plant for biological purification of waste water.
– Raise of awareness between citizens on water as a strategic resource for the territory;
– Improvement of technical know how between technicians and public officers on water protection, utilization, optimisation;
– Improvement of policy coordination skills at the County level and between all the Croatian project partners.
Thematic work-group 3: water treatment
- Periodical reports on technical and financial progress;
- Mid-term assessment of results;
- Information on the municipal site, advertisements, ad hoc meetings, publication and dissemination of results.
In the framework of a more rational use of resources, recycling enables environmental and ecological conservation as well as economic benefits, in that:
– Purified water can be really cheap;
– Slush can replace hazardous and expensive chemical fertilisers;
– Recycling means saving public money by reducing waste disposal costs;
– Slush dumping sites do not risk to be unnecessarily full;
– People learn to use re-usable resources better;
– In the results two enterprises use the incubator of the chamber system.
Other partners involved: Province of Campobasso, with a role in the monitoring and evaluation of the quality of intervention to provide indication for the improvement of the experimental phases, and the Chamber of Commerce of Campobasso with the role to favour new innovative SMEs in the field of water , new instruments and services to improve competitiveness.
– Feasibility study on optimisation of sewage system in the area of the river Drava;
– Elaboration of project documentation for planning and management of the sewage system.
- Controlled drainage of wastewater into the river Drava and the Danube river basin;
- Reduced release of waste and sewage water into Drava river basin through water purifying systems;
- Reducing environmental hazards of sewage systems by applying innovative environmental friendly models of water management;
- Raising life quality of all citizens in the region.
– Creation of a technical office in the municipality in charge of water management;
– Implementation of planning activities and realisation of a experimental plant for the canalization and treatment of water discharged.
– Improvement of the capacity of the municipality to tackle the needs of water resources management of the town;
– Improvement of condition and quality of life of population in Shkoder;
– Improvement of environmental condition in the lake of Shkoder and of the surrounding territory.
Other partners involved are the Local development agency Teuleda and the Regional agency for environment.
VELIKA GORICA (Croatia)
- Sewage system feasibility study; publication, presentations, maps, calculations of costs, plans and diagrams, both in paper and electronic form. Giving the answer to the question which is the most cost-effective and ecologically sound solution for connecting the sewage system network to the municipal waste-water treatment plant – this will reduce to minimum the cost of planning and building the sewage system;
- Environmental impact study – book, presentations, maps, calculations of costs of different methods, plans and diagrams, both in paper and electronic form;
- Technical documentation like plans, calculations, book, maps, diagrams, both in paper and electronic form.
- Public decision on the most cost-effective and ecologically sound method for the reconstruction of the municipal waste-water treatment plant in Velika Gorica;
- Protection of the natural water systems especially the River Sava as the recipient, as well as groundwater bodies in Sava basin, from the impact of waste-waters from the sewage system of Velika Gorica;
- Increasing environmental sustainability of sewage system network of Velika Gorica;
- Maximizing the protection of groundwater body "Kosnica I."
– Publication of a complete study containing needs and solutions for rural population of the area;
– Publication and leaflets for project communication campaign;
– Waste water plan for the Pleternica rural area.
- Solution in form of complete technical documentation of water waste treatment in underdeveloped rural communities, intended for providing building licence and further infrastructural work (setting of WWDF);
- Waste water solution for 600 households.
The impact of the planned actions will be:
- Increased citizens health security;
- Development of the infrastructure in rural areas;
- Protection of environment;
- Increased awareness of sanitary and health hazards due to bad functioning of WWDF.
- Report by the Trans-national Technical Project Group;
- Mid-long term working plan (report and plan published on a final publication of the project);
- Exchange of best practices written in the guide of water resources;
- Web page of Watercycle net.
- To share scientific knowledge, skills and management, useful to improve the growth of a common know how (in the Watercycle net) in the field of planning and sustainable management of water resources;
- To create the conditions for a cross border cooperation in a mid-long term focused on the common thematic strategies of orientation of policies in the Adriatic sea and in the EU.
Ing. Paola Magri - Provincia di Ferrara
C.so Isonzo, 105/a - 44100 Ferrara (Italy)
Phone: 0039-0532-299541; Fax: 0039-0532-299553
The WaterCycle Project contacts and roles list: here
The Province of Ferrara is located in a flat area that covers 25% of the level ground of the whole Region. Therefore, the area of Ferrara has always been characterised by the balance of land and water. Part of the area was reclaimed from sea and brackish water.
Agriculture has always been the main activity of the Province of Ferrara. Modernisation has reached the Province only partially: it never experienced a massive industrialization process, although there are some excellent industrial examples in the area (VM motors, Berco, ...). The 350.000 inhabitants of the Province live mainly in the city area and along the coast, as well as in the areas of the towns of Cento and Argenta. In 1995 Ferrara was inscribed in the UNESCO List of World Heritage Properties as admirable example of Renaissance City, unique for the integral conservation of its historic centre. In the following years the area of the Po Delta Park was also acknowledged World Heritage Property. The Park covers 60,000 hectares stretching between the Provinces of Ferrara and Ravenna and is coordinated by the Municipalities and the Consortium created for the management of the Delta area. The whole area is covered by a network of cycling routes, connecting the western corner of the provincial territory with the eastern end of the delta area. The Municipalities are currently working on projects for the creation of river routes. Some have already been completed: the recovered docks in the city connect Ferrara with the River Po and the Adriatic Sea.
The Province of Ferrara comprises 26 Municipalities, which host about 35,000 enterprises. Agriculture employs 8% of the labour force (twice the national average). The agricultural share of the provincial GDP ranks second in the north-eastern part of the country. The industrial sector employs 35% of the population, 14% of the added value produced by the whole sector is generated by the artisan sector. The service sector employs 57% of the working population. The unemployment rate is 4%, about half of the national rate and the income per capita, with 17,000 euros, is above the National average of about 15,000 euros. Recently, the Province has committed itself to research in the field of new technologies and services. The city now hosts a cluster of technological research, which is the incubator for the development of innovative enterprises within the regional network of industrial research. The University of Ferrara has 8 faculties, both in the scientific (medicine, engineering, economy, etc) and humanistic areas (letters, philosophy, law, etc), attended by about 15,000 students.
Province of Ferrara Action Plan in WaterCycle Project
Province of Ferrara
The Foglia River has its source at Mount Sovera, near to Sestino (in the province of Arezzo) and its main course runs for 79 kilometres, ending in Pesaro. Its catchment basin measures 628 Km² in all, of which 603 is mountain basin. The river’s course has a SW-NE flow as it crosses the Province of Pesaro at right angles to the tectonic structures, with a brusque deviation when it reaches the internal side of Montecalvo in Foglia. The presence of geological formations composed primarily of marble, sandstone and clay, account for its low to medium permeability values. The wide range of the fluctuating water levels it carries are directly linked to area rainfall amounts. The maximum flow levels are a phenomenon typical of spring and autumn, while during the summer or in periods of drought, the river’s flow registers its minimum values. The highest current speed ever registered in Pesaro itself was 1,830 m³/sec in 1955. Episodes of overflow in the past were due, to a great extent, to sections of the river course with reduced flow capacity, which were unable to efficiently conduct the excess water brought about by episodes of exceptional rainfall. The modern day mouth of the river is the result of land reclamation activity dating to 1613-1615. On the alluvial plain itself, the river’s flow meanders in the wide loops typical of rivers on almost flat land and with a low incline factor. The course of the river is interrupted by an important man-made basin, the Mercatale irrigation damn.
The specific objectives of Pesaro in the project
The city of Pesaro, where the river system is an integral part of the urban structure, considers the problem of hydro-geologic safety, as well as the safety of its citizens and the land which can be put at risk by an over-flow of the river, an important aspect of its duty. At the same time, however, issues regarding the use of the river for recreational purposes are also central to the qualification and sustainable use of the resource. The work group, in the meantime, is dealing with these two aspects of the problem of rivers, in contrast with one another but which must be seen as complementary one to the other, in an integrated manner.
Municipality of Pesaro
On-site experimentation on possible uses of purified recycled water.
Purified water can be used for different purposes:
- Irrigation: for the irrigation of crops meant for the production of food as well as non-food products; irrigation of green areas for recreational and sport activities.
- Civil use: washing roads in urban centres, supplying heating and air conditioning systems; feeding dual pipelines separated from drinkable water systems, excluding the direct use in private households except for toilet flush and garden irrigation.
- Industrial use: in fire-fighting, washing, thermal cycles of industrial processes excluding any use that entails contact with food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products.
A study on slush will be carried out to assess the field of analysis and the scope, in order to identify areas suitable for the use of slush.
The study will also am at:
- Identifying the transport area – from the plant to the site where slush is stocked or used
- Identifying the field of use – agricultural land where slush is used as fertiliser and amender
- Identifying a functional unit, i.e. a product unit that has the characteristics typical of the product
- Corroborating the agronomic value of slush and confirming that polluting values are below the threshold foreseen by law for non-chemical fertilisers
- Using slush according to crop type and soil characteristics (i.e. suitability of the soil for slush spreading)
- Comparing slush with traditional fertilisers
- Applying available data to a pilot action in the territory of Campobasso
Dissemination of results and communication, information and training campaigns for future users, including technical staff
Municipality of Campobasso
- Creation of a transferable model of best practice for a permanent cooperation;
- Building up of information services for Public Bodies and Intitutions who wants to share informations, procedures and instruments for the water managing and monitorino. This is meant to assure new opportunities of relationship and integration with the local productive system and with the population.
With this aim two action have been built:
Constitution and activation of a technical board
Besides Puglia Region, the Province of Brindisi, other actors will be part of the technical board, such as project partner at a local level,waterworks Pugliese, Consorzio di Bonifica dell’Arneo, Genio Civile of Brindisi, Guardia Finanza, Autorità Bacino.
Nearby the technical group will be built the relationships between partners involved with regard to the single experiences in the local development process. It will be necessary to develop activities and skills of each one in order to:
- To share approaches and methodologies used;
- To valorose experiences of best practices;
- To capitaliste the results;
- To enable conditions to strenghten strategies and methodologies of integration;
- To elaborate a shared protocol of cooperation between bembers of the techinical board.
At the same time the partner will develop studies and research aimed to have a clear image of the present situation, to know the administrative reality , and in particolar that of Province of Brindisi, using datas available in the Institution partner of the project and integrating these informations with the distribution of questionnaires to a target group of citizens. The final document that will be written down will containan analysis of the roles and functions of the different public institution involved in the management of water resources and i twill focose the contact points on wich to build a tighter cooperation. It will be useful to define the strategic objectives of intervention, to fix the priority and to focuse the attention on the more critic aspects. It will be realised a di panel test aimed at the debite between opinion leader to decide the priorities to work on and to obtain a solution of the problems discussed.
Operative and strategic organisation
This activity will be addressed to define the techinical and operative role of each partner in his specific sector, the description of the characteristics, of the competences and of the experiences matured. In the compilation of the form a particolar emphasis will be given to the experiences of integration and interaction of each subject and that can be transferred to the group in the all to plan hypotesis of improvment of models and experiences and to capitaliste the results obtained.
It will be write down a first draft called “chart of commitments” that will show clearly:
- the role of each body with regard to the aims chosen and shared in the technical board;
- undertaking of precise responsabilities;
- human, informative, logistic and technical resources to share for the project especially with regard to the development of the informative system;
- the choice of integrated procedures (organisational protocol of the net);
- composition of collegial bodies (pilot board, executive commettee) and definition of the representatives for each partner;
- how to integrate activities (common actions, monitoring, …).
Each partner should fill in a techinical form that stress how to develop these two elements:
Planning and built up of the watercycle – net community
Starting from the analysis of the different roles and procedures in the single involved public institution, and from the need of Public administration to interact with citizens, i twill be built up an informative system with these functional characteristics:
- To supplì services to the citizens to facilitate the use of water resources (informations on procedures, forms, competent offices;
- Interaction and sharing of informations between public bodies (intranet)
Another role of the informative system is that to contribute to the spread of culture and respect for water as a common good to be respected and safeguarded. With this aim it will be published a newsletter, there will be an on-line poll, it will be open a forum of discussion on the web to share a common heritage of knowledge.
The informative system, in the ned, will run the datas and the informations in a compatible way because the Region Puglia wants to develop the GISA system, wich is the regional informative system for the management and monitorino of pugliesi water resources.
Promotion and information in the territory
This line of intervention is meant to produce actions of information in the society useful to facilitate the experimentation of a new and improved organisational model and to produce a follow-up. The partner will organise meetings and workshop and a publication in wich i twill be presented the situation of the local water system, the opportunities of cooperation and the instruments used. Besides the partner of the project also the specialised technician will attend the meetings.
Province of Brindisi
Beneficiaries of the actions will be citizens of the County, municipalities, technical bodies, farmers, entrepreneurs, local NGO's operating in environment protection.
A1 - Sustainable management of nature resources, drinking water as environmental heritage
A1.1 - Data on drinking water in the area: collection and analysis
A1.2 - Study on options of sustainable management of nature resources, drinking water as environmental heritage
A1.3 - Operational plan of sustainable management of nature resources, drinking water as environmental heritage
A2 - Raise public awareness and increase participatory approach to sustainable management of nature resources - drinking water:
- Public awareness campagne
- Thematic (educative) groups
A2.1 - Round tables and conferences of sustainable management of nature resources-drinking water, for technicians, public officers, specific sector operators
A3 Experimentation on biological purifier of waste water for areas of Dvor, Hrvatska Dubica, Hrvatska Kostajnica (regional territory)
A3.1 Elaboration of project documentation of biological purifier for areas of Dvor, Hrvatska Dubica, Hrvatska Kostajnica
A4 Utilisation and promotion of utilisation of thermal waters for health, tourism and energy purposes – Feasibility study.
A4.1- Development of draft project proposal on thermal waters
A5 - Coordinating actions for Croatian partners (meetings, elaboration of guidelines, action organisation, management and financial assistance)
County of Sisak-Moslavina
Priority interventions for improving the sewage system are setting up biological waste water purifier as well as setting up the closed main collector. These projects are already in their start up phase. Along with these capital investments into sewage system, within last decade the applicant has systematically spread and reconstructed the existing secondary networks. In order to further advance and improve the sewage system it is necessary to carry out the optimisation of the sewage system. The current system is not sufficient and sustainable because of the growth of population and its insufficient capacities to meet the needs of urban development of the region. In is therefore necessary to elaborate the project of sewage system optimisation which would include the existing sewage system as well as its planned development, according to which the reconstruction and enlargement of sewage network will be conducted.
Town of Koprivnica
1) Duration: 3 months
2) Duration: 6 months
3) Duration: 2 months
Town of Velika Gorica
The actions will be conducted as follows:
1st Step, 4 months activity
Analyses of the existing needs for WWDF in chosen settlements (for example, 3 distant villages with less than 500 inhabitants or 200 households) through a field research of the selected villages, estimate of the needs for WWDF made by our regional experts
2nd step, 2 months activity
Promotion of the analysis and intervention between citizens
- Web site
- Advertising actions (leaflets production and distribution)
- Promotion on the local press
3rd step, 10 months activity
Research of the innovative solutions in WWDF that suites best the needs and capacities of the villages
Study (research material), cost-benefit analysis, or feasibility study made by Institutions from Watercycle partnership whose focus of interest are innovative WWDF
4th step, 4 months activity
Projecting the WWDF for the targeted areas
Technical project documentation made by approved experts
Municipality of Pleternica
Structuring of a Water Office within the technical offices of the Municipalità of Shkoder, training of 3 technicians in the sector of:
- Integrated planning of existant water resources
- Individualization of weaknesses, strenght points, needs of the existant nets
- implementation and management of interventions
- economic evaluation and cost/benefit analysis of the works
- instruments of evaluation of the environmental sustainability for the interventions planned
- Planning of an increase of the actual sewerage net in Shkoder, in a neighbour or in an area of the town
- Hydrodinamic, hydraulic, environmental evaluation on the intervention in the planning phase
- Cost/benefit evaluation
- Impact of the new infrastructure on the lake: possibile treatment
- Launch of the procedure sto implement the project: from the approval of budget to the beginning of works
- Realisation of the plant, tests and sharing in the net
Municipality of Shkoder